Monday, April 20, 2009

"Things are Picking Up"

15 April 2009

Dear Family:

Today is tax day! And it snowed yesterday. It all melted, but it is not fun to say it snowed in the middle of April.

Thanks for the Easter box. I loved it and so did Elder Burton. I got it the day before Easter.

Something exciting happened this week. We woke up on Monday morning and found that someone had completely side-swiped our car. It is still drivable--just a bunch of dents and scratches. We had to call the police and the misison office. It was kind of a big deal. Elder Burton is convinced that someone did it on purpose, but I don't know.

We taught Mona last night. Well, we really just watched "The Testaments." She loved it and we think she will set a baptismal date tonight.

We also taught the 10-year-old daughter of a less-active member last night and set a date for her baptism. She pretty much begged her mom to let her go to Church.

There is a Johnson family in one of our wards and they are amazing. We have a few appointments through their referrals. They all sound like they will be baptized. Another one of their referrals said he wants to become a fully active member of the Church and we think that we will set a date on Friday. We are so excited because things are picking up and going well.

Thank you, Rebecca, for the cookies. They were delicious and we almost had a full cookie when we got the bug!!

I really wish we had more time to write, so please tell people that I wish I could write them more frequently. And I do appreciate their letters.

I am so glad that the business is going well. It definitely relieves a lot of stress. Tell me about school and work and how everybody's doing in the ward. I really wish I had more time to write.

Love you all,
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment