- Held ever so close, as an infant child
- You looked in my eyes. . .and smiled.
- Then holding my hand, as a growing boy
- You gave me such love . .such joy.
- Off to school, my son who scampered and ran,
- You waved. . .your new life began.
- Stretching, maturing, you left on your own,
- You seemed so strong. . .and full grown.
- Now my example, my friend, and my son
- Time cannot be captured, it cannot be won;
- Past joys have eclipsed my time with you here,
- Yet I long to be with you, to talk, to be near.
- But these wishes are selfish; they cannot come true;
- I hope. . .and I pray. . .the Lord's blessings on you.
- With love,