Sunday, March 21, 2010

Elder Call Reacts to News of Family Move

8 March 2010

Dear Family:

Another week has flown b y and time marches onward. I was thinking that it was a year ago that we were packing at the MTC and getting ready to fly to our missions. I remember an elder in our district that went to Colorado Springs. The entire time we were in the MTC he was itching to get out and go teach the gospel. The rest of us were kind of nervous to actually go and have people's salvation depend on our ability to listen to the Spirit.

The day finally came when we got our flight plans. We got them and everyone was excited and eager, nearly impatient to get out and get to work--except for this elder! He was scared and terrified. I think when that happened, it really hit him. He was going to go out and represent Jesus Christ. Now we have been in the mission field a year, and I am sure he is doing fine.

I am so happy that everyone is doing well. It sounds like things keep moving forward. I hope that Mary Ann continues to do well in school and seminary. I learned that it just isn't worth stressing out over hard classes. And congratulations to John for his Science Olympiad stuff.

I heard the news about moving to Texas! That should be exciting! It will be the beginning of a brand new chapter for the Call Family. It will be sad to leave the Beloit Ward. I love that place so much. But it will be better for the family to move to Texas. It can't be good at all to have Dad flying to Texas every other week. I know that you have made the right choice.

It will be good to live close to Grandma and Grandpa Call. We have never lived close to them before. For some reason I keep thinking about Joseph Call, my 5th great grandfather. He lived with one of his grandsons, Asa Cyril Call, for the last few years of his life, until he was 80 years old. Asa writes about it in his journal and seems to have truly appreciated those years of being with his grandfather.

So, of course I have a thousand questions to ask, but here are just a few:

1. When will we be moving?
2. Do you have a place picked out?
3. Is it in the same stake as Grandma and Grandpa?
4. If you have a home, what is the address? (Investigators want to know my home address so they can write.)
5. How is everyone taking the news?

I can't think of any more, but please tell me all you can.

Love,
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment