Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"The Winds of Change are HOWLING"

Note: I mentioned to Elder Call that we have a new missionary in the Beloit Ward who thinks he remembers meeting Elder Call in the MTC. . .
--Editor


12 July 2010

Dear Dad:

Things are going steadily here. It hasn't really slowed down, all the hectic stuff. But it will eventually.

There is a new thing called the "Simplified Curriculum Framework" that is coming out for missionaries. It basically seems like it is a new way to teach missionaries how to teach with more focus on certain aspects. It doesn't replace "Preach My Gospel." So all of the leaders in the mission and some sisters in the mission are having a massive three-day training in Pocatello. It starts at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning and goes until Thursday at about 4:00 PM. They are going to be teaching us during the day time and then in the evening we are going to split up with elders in the Pocatello area and go implement what we learned. Then we assume we are going to come back and teach it to all those in our zones and districts.

We had interviews with President Colton last week (I attended two of those this transfer because of the ET) and he told Elder Meredith and me that "the winds of change are HOWLING around us!" Based on other things he has mentioned it sounds like everything is going to change. We are not going to have zone conference every transfer anymore. That is sad. So I will learn more about all of this in the next few days and will tell you more next week.

I am really glad that your work is going so well. I don't know how you do it and run your own business. It's pretty cool. What kind of feature would you write for Mormon Times? I'm excited to see a copy of your book if you are able to send me one.

I don't remember Elder Brander/Brader. I could have met him, I met several elders that were coming to one of the Chicago missions. (I hear they are now combined.) I remember meeting about 4 or so at the airport as I was getting ready to fly to Salt Lake. They were going to Chicago North. I also met an Elder Hill from Pocatello that was going to Chicago South.

I will keep you updated on everything that is going on here. Thank you for your emails.

Love,
Elder Call

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how fast his time is going! I'll be interested to hear about the training ....
    oxoxox
    Denalee

    ReplyDelete