Monday, October 25, 2010

Work Moving Forward in Idaho

18 October 2010

Dear Dad,

I am so jealous that you all get to go to the BYU game. That sounds like it would be so much fun. That is too bad that BYU isn't doing well this year.

We are having some good success here in the Taylor Mountain stake. We had some investigators come to church again yesterday. They really enjoyed it. The daughter is about 10 years old and she reminds me so much of Mary Ann when she was that age. They have very similar mannerisms. They live in the Thayerwood Ward, and the Thayerwood Ward does an excellent job with missionary work. Our ward mission leader's name is Jordan Sermon and he is one of the best WML that I have been able to work with on the mission. While we were waiting for church to start yesterday he and his wife and kids came in, I thought she looked like she was extremely pregnant. Not nice I know, but true. Then part way during sacrament she left and a few minutes later Bro. Sermon got up and pointed out the door and said something to us. We couldn't tell what he said. But right as Sacrament was over he left a message for us saying that his wife just had the baby (we could hear crying in the background) and he wouldn't be able to make it to coordination meeting! It must have been quick for her! She was at Sacrament meeting at the church and within 1 hour and 10 minutes she had had the baby!

I think I told you that I met Jay Hammond. Bro. Hammond is Grandpa Call's cousin. He is Lila Nancy Call's son. Lila and Ellis Heber were siblings. So we went over and talked with him for a little while on Friday. He is 85 years old and very nice. He is your typical member of the church in IF that has lived in his home for the past 40 years, served as a bishop, and has a good active family. While we were there he called another cousin and asked her if she wanted to get together for lunch. So today at about noon we are going to have lunch, it sounds like there are are going to about 4 of Grandpa's cousins. It should be fun. I will have to write home about it.

You don't need to send me President Monson's biography. I can scrounge up enough money to buy it out here.

Everything is moving right on along here in IF. Elder Durnall and I are staying together another transfer. We weren't too surprised about that. We could see it going either way, 50/50. This will be our third transfer together. And I have only been in the area 4 weeks longer than he has. I know it is six weeks away, but I bet I will get moved next transfer and have one more area. Elder Durnall and I get along great and have a lot of fun together. This transfer President Colton created a new zone, the "Yellowstone Zone"! It is zone number 10.

We have the:
1) Pocatello South Zone
2) Pocatello Centeral Zone
3) Pocatello North Zone
4) Blackfoot Zone
5) IF West Zone (us)
6) IF East Zone
7) Ammon Zone
8) Rigby Zone
9) Rexburg Zone
10) Yellowstone Zone.

This new zone includes St. Anthoy, Ashton, Driggs, West Yellowstone, and Jackson. Basically it is the same as when I was there, but without any of Rexburg. There are also more missionaries in those areas now. When I was in St. Anthony there was one set of English missionaries and one set of Spanish. Now there are 2 sets of English and 2 sets of Spanish. So the work up north just keeps increasing dramatically. I loved the North end of the mission. When I first got into the mission there were 6 zones and about 160 missionaries. Now there are about 200 missionaries and 10 zones. The work moves forward.

It is exciting about the move. I will pray that you will be able to find a home in Missouri. Thank you for all of the things that you and the whole family do for me.

Love,
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment