Monday, August 23, 2010

Ruminations and Reflections by Dad

It seems almost impossible that our dear son Bob has been on his mission for 18 months already. Time passes quickly, and we pray that the Lord will hasten time for the sake of the righteous.




I


Held ever so close, as an infant child
You looked in my eyes. . .and smiled.

Then holding my hand, as a growing boy
You gave me such love . .such joy.

Off to school, my son who scampered and ran,
You waved. . .your new life began.

Stretching, maturing, you left on your own,
You seemed so strong. . .and full grown.

II


Now my example, my friend, and my son
Time cannot be captured, it cannot be won;
Past joys have eclipsed my time with you here,
Yet I long to be with you, to talk, to be near.

But these wishes are selfish; they cannot come true;
I hope. . .and I pray. . .the Lord's blessings on you.



With love,

Dad


2 comments:

  1. This is so good Dad! Very touching! It is really hard to believe how long he has been out. Before we know it he will be back!

    ReplyDelete