Monday, May 3, 2010

Baptisms. . .Family History. . .(what else?)

3 May 2010

Dear Dad,

It is crazy how time flies by. It is the beginning of May and it was this time last year that Elder Bednar came to the mission. It is so weird to think that was a whole year ago already! I have been out more than 14 months now. That is kind of sad.

I will get to call home on Mother's Day this year. That kind of snuck up on us, or we would have been arranging times a few weeks ago. But yesterday an older couple told us we can use their phones. I will probably be calling at about 2:45 my time. So I guess that will be 3:45 your time. They said they will get home from church between 2:30 and 2:45. I think Elder Lacey and I decided I will call first (He said he might talk longer than I will).

The man who is letting us use his phone is Bro. Ron Wheeler he is a relative (go figure). His dad was Arnold Shannon Wheeler and his grandpa was Joseph Henry Wheeler (b. 1882). His great-grandfather was Levi Lincoln Wheeler (b. 1838). So we have Connie Wheeler Call and her father was John Etsel Wheeler (b. 1891) and her grandfather was John Albert Wheeler ( b. 1869) and her great-grandfather was Levi Lincoln Wheeler (b. 1838). John Albert was the oldest and Joseph Henry was the 6th of 8 children of Levi Lincoln Wheeler and Sarah Jane Lavender. So that means Grandma and Bro. Ron Wheeler are 2nd cousins! He and I are 2nd cousins twice removed. That is actually pretty close. I think that is the closest relative I have met so far on my mission.

We set two baptism dates! The man that we took to the temple visitor's center a couple of weeks ago, and his son. They will be baptized on the 15 May. I am so excited for them. He is a great, very spiritual man.

Transfers are this week and Elder Lacey and I are both staying. I kind of figured that was going to happen (based on things President had told me). Elder Lacey will have been here for 7 and a half months at the end of next transfer.

Other than that not a whole lot is happening.

Thank you for the email from Grandpa. Those will be really good to get. I hope that Grandma and Grandpa can get through this hard time. I will continue to pray for them.

Love,
Elder Call

1 comment: