Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Investigator Hospitalized; Another Family Connection Discovered

31 May 2010

Hi Dad,

Happy Memorial Day!

How are you guys doing this week? I don't know if a whole lot has happened.

Elder Lacey's eyes are corrected as best as possible, according to Dr. Elliott.

One of our investigators was supposed to be baptized on Saturday, but he was hospitalized on Wednesday. The doctors finally think they know what is wrong. He has two disease 1) Wagner's something or other, it attacks his major internal organs. 2) Vasculitis something. That limits the blood flow to joints and causes swelling and stuff. He will be on steroids for 6 months and he should be cured. Wagner's is very rare I think they said it affects 1 in 50,000 American men between the ages of 30 and 40. Our investigator is 28. He should be back this week sometime and he wants to be baptized on the 12th of June.

We did a bunch of service this week for a family that bought a house and wanted to gut it. So we got about half the zone there and ripped out walls, tiles, ceilings all sorts of stuff. It was a lot of fun.

How is Grandma Call doing? Anything new on her chemotherapy?

I keep meeting people we are related to. Yesterday at church (in the Park View Ward) there was an older couple sitting behind us. As we were leaving they said hello and he said "Elder Call! Where are you from?" People say it in a way that I know they are thinking either "Hey I know Calls." or "I'm related to Calls, I wonder if we are related."

I told him I was from Illinois and he asked "Are you related to Anson?" I said, "I come from his brother Omer. Are you?"

He pointed to his wife and said, "She is Anson Call's great-granddaughter!"

Her Grandfather was Israel Call! It seems as if most of Anson's great-grandchildren should be dead. Her grandfather (Israel Call) was born in the 1850's, I believe 1854. Her name is May Call Adamson. She is 88 years old. Israel Call was a patriarch. She told me he also worked in the temple a whole lot. She is my 3rd cousin twice removed. Her grandfather and Grandpa Call's grandpa, Cyril Josiah Call (b.1860), were 1st cousins. I thought that was pretty neat.

Anything else new on the home front? Thanks for everything you guys have done and do for me.

Love,
Elder Call

1 comment:

  1. With every letter it becomes more apparent why Bob was assigned to his particular mission.
    oxoxoxo
    Denalee

    ReplyDelete