Sunday, January 16, 2011

10 January 2011: Elder Call Moving to Rigby!

Note: Elder Call's paternal grandfather, Dennis Call, grew up in Rigby, Idaho.
--Editor



10 January 2011

Dear Dad,

I'M GOING TO RIGBY!

Ya, I'm getting transferred on Wednesday. How crazy is that? It was totally--I mean TOTALLY-- unexpected. I will be opening up a new area with a new missionary. I am so excited to be going to Rigby. It will be awesome. Elder Rudd has been in this area since the end of July and I was only in Alameda for 6 weeks, so we figured that we would either stay together or Elder Rudd would get transferred. Then on Saturday night we were listening to the voice mails President sends out with all of the transfer info, he said I was going to to be training in a new area. I was way shocked. But it should be good. I am excited.

It really sounds like you are getting into the swing of things in Missouri. That is pretty neat that we have these neighbors with eggs and milk. What are you planning on planting in the garden? Are you going to try to be as self-sufficient as possible? That would be good, I hear from people that food prices are going to be going way up. I am glad that Mary Ann and John are getting involved in the new schools.

I can't believe that John has to get on the bus at 6:20. That is way early.

That is weird that you guys got my flight plans this week. It would be great to see Rachel and Rebecca at the Salt Lake Airport! I think it should be fine to see them, in fact, I would love to see them.

Yesterday at church I had a funny experience. One of my first days here in Alameda we ate dinner with the Rhoades family. She was asking me if I knew a family by the name of Bradley in Aberdeen. I think it is some relative of hers. I said I didn't, but she was convinced that they were my cousins. She said we looked and acted like I was part of their family, same mannerisms. Then yesterday at church Sister Rhoades came up to me and said, "They are your cousins!" I didn't know what she was talking about, she reminded me and told me that she asked them and they said that their grandma was a "Call" go figure.

By the way, does Bishop Webb want me to speak in the Beloit Ward? And if he does when am I speaking?

We met a cool guy this week. He wants to be baptized on the 12th of February. He is a golden investigator. But I think I will write home about him.

Good luck with work this week, I hope that you can find some good clients.

Love,
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment