Monday, January 17, 2011

Elder Call and his New Companion Enjoy Rigby

17 January 2011

Dear Dad,

Thank you for the email. It is really weird how some ares have so many members of the church. Even here in Idaho some stakes are really big, with lots of families and children and others have very small wards. That is good that our new stake has so many people in it.

My new companion's name is Elder Taumoepeau (Tau ([as in abOUt]-moy-pay-au), and he is straight from Tonga! He is a good guy and a good missionary. He is well prepared.

We are enjoying Rigby--it is a good little town. I like it a lot, nice and quiet. We cover four wards; 4th, 5th, 6th (YSA), and the 14th wards. Everyone in Rigby is way nice and always trying to help us in anyway possible.

Earlier this week we were tracting and met one of the Hamer girls from Freeport, Illinos. I can't remember what her first name is, but she is married now and I think she was about Rebecca's age. She said she knew her. It was way funny because she looked familiar (but we meet so many people that we see all over the place) and she said she recently moved here. I asked where she was from and she said Chicago. So I said I was from the Rockford area and we made the connection. Her married name is Curtis. It can be a really small world.

It has been really cold, snowy and wet this week. Elder Taumoepeau has had a heck of a time adjusting from the nice warm Tonga weather to Idaho snow.

Everyday this week I have been asked at least once if I am related to the Calls from Rigby, and everyone is so excited to know that I am.

I really just feel at home here in Rigby. I feel so comfortable, like it is perfectly natural for me to be walking up and down the streets.

I get along with Elder Taumoepeau really well. He is quiet and a bit shy, but funny when he opens up. He is a solid missionary. You can tell that he is out on a mission for the right reasons--to serve the Lord. He has 5 older brothers, one older sister, a younger brother and a younger sister, nine kids in all. His mom was the principal for Liahona High School and his dad was the seminary coordinator. I am glad he is my companion.

Hopefully there will be more to tell you next week.

Love,
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment